Saturday, September 6, 2008

Library Thing

Finding books on Library Thing was simple.
All I had to do was click on Add books to your library (from the first page you are in after loggin into Library Thing-home page).
Then under the search, I typed in the title of the book and the results are displayed in the box on the right. These results are from Amazon.com.
The books are added to my library when I click on a title (from the results shown by Amazon.com).
A good thing about Library Thing is that if you can't remeber the full title of the book, just type in a section of the title and the results will surely find the book you want.
For example, for the book The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, I typed in The other boleyn and the result from Amazon.com showed me The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.
Also when I go into my library, I can give the books ratings and comments for other users to see.

The thing I like about Library Thing is that everything is made public (unless you edit your profile to be made private) which means that I can share my favourite books with other people in the world, who has a similar reading tastes to mine and in return I can also see theirs.
Library thing is really useful in my opinion, because I can read the book reviews made by other Library Thing users to find a interesting book to read.
Plus, joining up is free!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Lemonholic - This is my library catalogue.

No comments: