Sunday, August 17, 2008

Technorati


Technorati sounded quite complex when I first heard about it, but actually it isn't as complex as it sounds!
Firstly, I had a look around Technorati and explored the different tabs/tags.
Its very handy that all the blogs/blog posts are separated into different categories which means that I can choose the ones that I want to read, instead of scrolling down millions of blogs and blogposts to find something that I want to read about.

What I found funny was that when I searched for Learning 2.0 through the blog directory, nothing came up. However, when I searched Learning 2.0 in blog posts I came up with thousands!

This time I explored poplular blogs, searches and tags.
I came up with the search results of a topic I choose from popular searches (I choose olympics) but what suprised me was that for this, it also showed my a list of all the different tags I could search by other than "olympics". I recall that this was not shown when I searched for Learning 2.0, because in order to find other tags; I had to actually click into a post and scroll down to see the tags that were related to the blogpost.

No comments: