Saturday, August 2, 2008

RSS (1)

Firstly, making a Blogline account was really simple- all I had to do was enter my e-mail address, a password and confirm it through my inbox.

What I like about RSS and news feeds is that by adding the name of the blog or the URL to me feeds, I can check on the updates of those places that I have added; very quickly.
By clicking onto 'feeds', and then on the name of the blog/site it will take you straight to the site showing the recent updates.
Now I can use RSS to check the latest book review, see what songs are in the top lists, and to check out some recipes as one of my hobby is cooking.
I think libraries can use RSS for many reasons. For example, it is more fast and convinient for librarians to just click on their feeds to go to a specific website rather than typing out the address of that site.
As for the NS librarians, we can do the same- to go straight to the NS city council homepage rather than going from the library homepage, and then to the council homepage (as I had been doing previously).

Some library related blogs are the 'NYT>Books', 'The Shifted Librarian', and the 'Publishers Weekly -Best Seller News'

No comments: