Saturday, August 2, 2008

Flickr Color Pickr & Montagr

In technology, a mashup is a web application that combines data from more than one source into a single integrated tool (Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, 2008).


Firstly, in my opinion Flickr Color Pickr is a really useful tool,
as if you are looking for photos that are of a specific colour all you have to do is
click on the colour you are looking for, and SWOOSH- its all there!
VERY easy to use. Also by scrolling down the bar, you can get photos of different brightness.
(ie: pick a colour, and then use the bar and scroll right down to get very bright photos, and scroll right up to get photos that look dark).


Montagr is AWESOME!
By using photos uploaded on Flickr, you can create a photo mosaic with them.
I have seen a couple of face images, and when you move your mouse over the photos in the photo mosaic, you can see the photo enlarged. When clicking on a picture that is in the photo mosaic, it leads you to the photo mosaic of the picture that you have just clicked on.
Montagr is a fun and interesting application.
If I happen to upload any photos on Flickr in future,
I shall try making a photo mosaic of my own!


The exercise states that I should be talking about one of the applications, however I found both of these very interesting so I decided to talk about them both :)

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

Glad you had fun - great to hear your thoughts on both.